Thursday, November 16, 2006

the one where I explain that jury duty is sucking all my spare time (not to mention my will to live).

I was required to report to jury duty last Wednesday and it's all been downhill from there. I started out as Alternate Juror No. 2 and soon became Officially Needs to Pay Attention to This Shit Juror No. 12 as soon as two brainiacs way smarter than me figured out how to get their behinds kicked off the jury for talking about the case to each other during lunch and then turned themselves in to the judge. Brilliant! Wish I would have thought of that. In between all this fun we've all been sick (kids with the barfing variety), I needed to fly to San Diego overnight for a family wedding and haven't seen the inside of my office (or laundry room) for days. I've officially decided that lots of people have way too much time on their hands and lots of lawyers will take any case just to have a place to go everyday and waste a bunch of people's time.

Yeah, I'm not enjoying my civic duty so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home