Tuesday, November 07, 2006

vote


please note: all things political inspire me to swear more than usual.
------------------------------------
You should know that I'm not one of those people who's going to tell you that I don't care how you vote, just that you should vote. Hell no. Please only vote if you're going to do your part to make sure that we're about to witness history by making Nancy Pelosi the first woman Speaker of the House. Please only vote if you've come to realize that the current leadership in Washington - in addition to be bigoted, closed- minded fuckhats - are also driving this country into the ground and making us all hate each other in the process. I've spent my entire work-life in politics - on a campaign, for an elected official, for political organizations and in government itself, so I have a pretty realistic view of what people are capable of and all the compromise that has to occur for anything substantial to happen. How easy it is to lose any sense of inspiration. I get how in compromise lots of people end up getting really pissed off and cynical, but come on! we can do - and we deserve - so much better.

...and just in case it doesn't go the way I want tonight after the polls close, a little inspiration from someone who should be running the country:

"When shit brings you down, just say "fuck it, and eat yourself some motherfucking candy."
- Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris

Good thing this election day follows so close on the heels of Halloween and my kids are too little to know if I eat their entire pumpkins of left-over candy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, love the quote.

11:41 AM  
Blogger kirsten said...

Can I also add : vote for us in the Rest of the World, who also suffer the consequences of your elected leaders decisions! I for one have had a gutfull of the bigoted, closed-minded fuckhats (particularly nice turn of phrase).

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home