Tuesday, October 31, 2006

happy halloween

update:




our lion and dinosaur rooooaared their way through the neighborhood and scored tons of sugar.








I'm enjoying the changing of the season and the shifting light. This time of year makes me feel like simplifying and slowing. Staying at home and cooking, napping, reading, planning. I never realized how much the Fall was associated in my mind with my Gram. It must have been the Nebraska farmgirl in her, but she was keenly aware of the light and weather and temperature. Halloween was also my Pops birthday and I always called her to say I was thinking of him (and her) in the years after his death. This year I'll just put it out to the universe that they're both on my mind and try and keep them close as we run around picking up the kids, making chili, lighting pumpkins and pulling Halloween costumes onto our little trick-or-treaters in the early darkness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, they are just too cute!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jonathon Morgan said...

I love those Halloween costumes. I've been trying to hide the sugary candy from Little-E, but she's obsessed!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home