Friday, August 04, 2006

life. it's really starting to get to me.


But then there's this. These two little heads that smell so good. I'm trying to just focus on the good stuff and there's lots of it, really, but I have this feeling of overwhelming exhaustion and pissed-offness that seems out of place considering that my "baby" is 15 months old. Why is he waking up at 2am every night? WHY? He's started walking so I was thinking all the upright action would tire him to the point of some really good sleep. ha! and just cause it's fun and for some reason really makes me feel better, let me recap some of the crap before I list the good stuff:

Three - count 'em three - flat tires in the last 10 days.
(mas - 2, me - 1 = apx. $350 in "new" tires)

One scratched cornea (mine) due to the above-mentioned 2am wake-up calls and sharp Buddha finger nails resulting in a trip to the doctor's office and two! eye drop prescriptions and three! different Walgreens attempting to fill/pickup effing prescriptions.

At least 6 wasted hours of on-line traffic school just to be told that the particular county (I truly hate the East Bay) I got the ticket in doesn't really believe in the whole on-line traffic school concept so much so could I now print off the final exam and find a notary public to WATCH me take the exam? What the everloving hell?? What exactly was the point of doing all the other stuff online?

So there's a little snapshot of life in my cranky pants lately.

Good stuff next, I promise. It's Friday and neither of my parental units have requested an audience with their grankids (which will make mas happy) and there's my sister-in-laws birthday party tomorrow night which will include booze (making me very happy), so next post, the good stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger AMorris said...

Yikes! ...and I thought that I had it bad when the LW ran over an old chevy pushrod in the street and took out one of the tires on my truck. 3 in a week!? That's awful.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

They grow up, I promise. they sleep through the night, and they get toilet trained, when they're good and ready. And then you look back wistfully at those pictures of tiny feet. Hang in there Mas and Pixie.

9:16 PM  
Blogger AMorris said...

3 months and we already look back at something so big and yet so tiny.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

this "snapshot" may bother you now, but in the very near future, the one of the bathtub is what you're going to have to show for it all.

New tires: $350. Beautiful photo of bathing children: Priceles.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home