Wednesday, November 21, 2007

note to self ::

just to file away for those days when you feel useless and incompetent :: You're a resourceful genius who never lets the clown run out of sprinkles.


Tonight I'm thankful for sprinkles and the pure joy they bring my kids and the joy I take in their delight. My house. This house that we fought so hard to make our own and that challenges us to plant roots and plan for and implement projects and to grow. To grow as providers, as nurturers, as collectors and as appreciators. For friends who make me laugh and swear and remember and feel young and unencumbered and less alone in the world of parenting small humans. MAS who lets me "sleep in" until 8 o'clock on some weekend mornings and chases little boys so I don't have to. For wine that dulls the chaos and questioning. A job that makes me think and scream and plot and still be able to leave early to pick up a kids most nights. For toy cars and tivo'd Mister Rogers that buy me time. For toddler shrieks and kisses that make it all makes sense. And my camera. My camera forces me to stop and see and remember and take it all in.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

happy thanks giving pixie sticks, from NZ, where we don't do that holiday.

12:51 AM  
Blogger pixie sticks said...

thanks - so Happy Thursday!? to you.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home