Thursday, August 28, 2008

bacon pesto


Also known as What The Hell to Do With the Big Bucket of Basil From My Mom's Garden Pesto. I added some bacon because I had it in the fridge and we usually toss in a bit of pancetta to our pesto before serving anyway. This was fast, easy and tastes great.

Bacon Pesto
4 cups basil leaves
2 chopped up gloves of garlic
a handful of chopped bacon
a handful of chopped salty almonds
generous pinch of sea salt
a pour of white wine, around 1/4 cup
6 glubs of olive olive

I used my blender to puree it all together as it's always on my counter (margaritas, duh.) but a cusinart might be easier.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leciawp said...

sounds good!

1:26 PM  
Blogger pixie sticks said...

it was. The bacon kinda gave it a little depth, but wasn't too overwhelming.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home