Thursday, June 01, 2006

It Is What It Is.



And most of the time it's pretty amazing. Two great kids, a house, a full-time job that allows me the flexibility to do lots of household things, both mundane and crafty.

I suppose the motivation for attempting to put this all down somewhere is to take the time to stop and appreciate all the sweet things. And to capture those incredible little kid moments I'm privileged to witness everyday.

I want to remember it all.

Today: The Bean is 3 years and 3 months. Loves cars, buses and ice cream. Won't eat anything substantial aside from bowls and bowls and bowls of O's and what feels like gallons of soy milk a day. The Baby Buddha is 1 year and 1 month. Smells like watermelon (I swear!), loves his mama, plays the meanest game of peek-a-boo you've ever seen, has four teeth and no interest whatsoever in standing on his own or walking. I tell myself he'll walk to college, right? MAS, my partner in crime and parenting, is for sure the fun parent. She dances and plays and makes the best funny faces. She is not happy in her job or the amount of time she gets to spend with the kids. This feeling is affecting how she sees her world. We're working on it. And me, well...I'm taking a lot of pictures and great pleasure in the fact that we no longer live in a tiny loft with no true walls or doors, that we managed to escape (just barely) being incredibly screwed by the San Francisco real estate market and that I no longer have to deal with realtors, mortgage brokers, stagers, tenants and other asshats in order to inhabit my Victorian flat in a sunny SF neighborhood.

Today I am very grateful for what I am and who I have.
We'll just see how long that lasts.
hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home